THE STORY 2 EP. 8

EPISODE EIGHT

THE STORY 2

BY PRAISE UMORU


Back at the Centre, the crew were visited by an unexpected and unrecognized visitor. Although they are not much of a crew with their decreased number. Quinn, Tony, Elizabeth and Tim became the Quad for the day. 

After Quinn told the others about what had transpired with Malia and herself on the phone, they decided to let the former be for the meantime. They also tried reaching Alex but to no avail. The Quad then settles on paying him a visit at the end of their surprisingly busy day.

As they all prepare themselves to leave the Center to attend to one of their daily schedules, their eyes met an elegant female figure standing in front of them at the door post.

Each person gave an unrecognized facial gaze to the lady that stood in front of them. Tony assumed her to be in her late twenties or even her early thirties, but regardless, she had a figure that looked taken care of perfectly. With the shoes Quinn and Eli sighted along with her body accessories and bag, the ladies drool inwardly at the sight of wealth. Tim gave a side smile at her dressing which could belong to none other than a barrister

“Good afternoon” 

The yet unrecognized visitor greeted the quad politely and softly. They coincidentally uttered their response in unison

“Good afternoon ma”

“I have the feeling you neither recognize nor know me” she beamed a calm smile “my name is Irene Bamiloye Ambrose, I’m Frank’s sister”

The eyes of the Quad lit up both as a reason of amazement for the fact that she was married and a reason of fear.

“We…we…haven’t…” Eli muttered her words

“It’s okay. I come in peace” she once again beamed the calm smile which seemed to blow a breeze of peace around the quad “I would love to state my mission if I could be offered a seat” she sent another smile 

She easily let out a smile. She had a nicely warm aurora that soothed well with the Quad. The Quad hurriedly worked together and made her comfortable on the sofa. Tim decided to offer her his drink as a sense of hospitality and yet again, she beamed another radiating smile at their sweetness.

She kept her smile as she opened her mouth to speak “which of you is Quinn?” Quinn signified with a timidly raised hand “Elizabeth?” the lady asked and Eli did the same “Tony?” Tony followed suit “and you must be Alex right?” she beamed a wider smile at Tim


“Oh no, my name is Timothy. Alex isn’t here”


“Okay” she clarified and then her smile vanished “I am here because of my brother’s death” she looked at each of them intently and continued “I read your story on your online page. I was thrilled and impressed at every discovery and determination you made into giving your viewers the satisfaction they needed.”

 She exhaled deeply but in a modest way that fascinated the crew. She was indeed a beautiful and elegant woman whose age didn’t seem to have a bit of an effect on her

“I didn’t have the strongest nor immediate relationship with my brother before he died but that doesn’t mean I didn’t know him” she wiped a tear that hanged on her eyelid quickly before it dropped “Frank was my little brother, even at a little age, regardless of the fact that we all thought he was dull, he developed a sense of maturity and intelligence. No one had the time to understand him not even me” a tear fell from her eyes that melted the heart of the quad. She wipe it away gently and continued “the night he called the whole family for dinner, was a night I would never forget. After he had dinner, he came to my room… I was happy when I saw him because I hadn’t come home for over a year and a half.”

She brought out a melancholic smile “I teased him about the lady he told us he had feelings for during dinner. 

*****

“…with the way you are blushing, you seem to like her a lot, don’t you?” Irene gasped at her brother’s act of childishness as a response to her rhetorical question “okay… why don’t you tell me more about her”

 

“She is beautiful” Frank smiled sheepishly “she has a wonderful long hair that brings out her beauty more especially when she lets it down.” Frank couldn’t help his continuous grin “I’m a bit taller than her though and… she has a cute giggle”

“Oh really…” Irene teased “is that all?”

“Heck no!” Frank blurted out softly with a smile “she is a bad ass girl also” Irene tilted her head confused “she defended me at the one time that really surprised. She did it in the sweetest and hurtful way…” Irene gave a frown “oh the sweetest way is for me, while the hurt way is for the unfortunate low life imp”


“Wait…someone bullied you?” Irene seemed annoyed


Frank laughed softly “chill that was months ago, you can’t do anything about it, besides, I have a guardian angel already” Frank threw himself to the bed backwards


“I can definitely still teach that brat a lesson, just tell me her name” Irene requested


Frank gave her a funny look “just let it be…or are you jealous someone else did the job before you” Irene was humorously stunned “Aww…yeah you are definitely jealous”

“I am not jealous” Irene defended “do you know who I am, do you know whose daughter I am, and whose wife I am. Just my profession alone is enough to clip the wings of your so called guardian angel”

Frank gave a wicked smile, relaxing himself more on the bed “then you haven’t, met my guardian angel because nothing can clip those beautiful wings of hers”

Irene couldn’t help but laugh at her brother’s words “you must really like her.” She couldn’t help but grin at her brother’s line of defense “Does she feel the same?”

Frank sat up with his vanished elation

“I think I hurt her” he hesitated “the first time I finally had the bravery to open up to her and make a move… she…ran away from me”


Irene could feel the hurt in her brother’s voice


“I think she’s mad at me. She neither wants to talk to me nor see me. She avoids my calls and doesn’t reply my text” Frank looked at his sister. He gave her a smile but she knew he was hurting so bad “I tried regretting my actions but it was the happiest moment of my life”


“What did you do?” Irene spoke downhearted


“I…” Frank hissed in pain


“Are you okay?” Irene looked concerned as her eyes caught his hands squeezing his stomach


“I’m…. I’m fine. It should be something I ate. Probably indigestion or something”


“Do you want water or…”


“No… I’m fine”

Irene saw her brother sweating. “Why are you wearing a sweater and gloves when you are indoors? The cold isn’t that harsh besides, the thermostat is on the heat level”

Frank clenched his fist in order to subdue the pain unknown to Irene “I’m just cold…” he spoke with clenched teeth

“How can you be cold? You are sweating!” Irene became paranoid

“Irene I said I’m fine!” he snapped “I’m sorry I snapped. But I am fine, I just need to get some rest…alright?” Frank looked at her for an assurance of her calmness

“Okay” she said calmly “just get some sleep. And if you need me just call…alright?”

“I will” Frank tried on another smile before leaving the room 

*****

“That was the last time, I saw his smile” Irene her broken down into tears. 

After few minutes of silence leaving Irene to get a hold of herself, she continued “I went to see your friend; Jeremy and I know he isn’t responsible for my brother’s death. I want an investigative team of my own, without my parents knowledge, and I want you guys to do it. You just have to report to me alone.”

Irene sounded fierce. Her statement was more like an instruction to the Quad. The Quad went mute as they gazed at each other “I can pay you for your services if that’s the case” Irene sounded desperate but strong willed

“No, no, no that isn’t the case” Eli spoke up “this has gotten quite personal, not just for you, but for us also. But the problem is, the trial starts tomorrow and it seems our friend wants to plead guilty”

“What?” Irene was astonished “why would he want to do such a thing when he isn’t responsible. Does he know what the sentence is?”

“His sudden behavior is a mystery to us” Tony responded

“Either ways, that shouldn’t be a problem. I would be standing as the prosecution counsel for his trial and regardless, I put a hold already on his trial”

The crew had questioning looks on their faces but didn’t bother to ask

“You have the time you need, but the faster you give me news, the faster I can convince my parents that your friend is innocent and the faster he gets out of jail”

The quad nodded in understanding. Irene attempted to take her leave but the quad decided to tell her about their idea and Timothy decided to take the lead

“Mrs. Bamiloye…” Timothy beckoned “if you don’t mind, we might have a hypothesis…


To be continued…

You can also follow this series on Facebook @ Umoru Praise

On Instagram @ P.E.E.B.E.E 

On my blog @ PEEBEEHEART.BLOGSPOT.COM

Feel free to comment, like, follow and share this series, but with no act of plagiarism


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL ME

BLUE SEA

THE STORY 2 EP. 22