BONUS EPISODE TWO
"THE STORY"
BY UMORU PRAISE

“I am sorry I’m disturbing in your present state of grieving even when it’s barely a week, but if it isn’t important, I wouldn’t have dared.”

“What is it Dr. Badmus?”

Mrs. Ambrose still felt calm, she couldn’t see herself hearing a news that would hurt her more than the death of her son.
“Before I go on, I want to deeply apologize for my ignorance and incompetence. I have no choice but to take the blame for two of my workers who were irresponsible and gave a nonchalant attitude towards a delicate situation such as your son’s death…” Mrs. Ambrose sat to the edge of her bed slowly, to put in more concentration to Dr. Badmus words as he continued “…I…I… deeply apologize ma…” Dr, Badmus could feel his butchered boldness bailing out on him “…I…unfortunately, my…my workers who I have fired because of their lousiness didn’t quite conduct the autopsy well enough and…and…” Mrs. Ambrose still tried to keep her cool but her impatience and fury had gotten to her neck and she knew it would find its escape anytime soon if Dr. Badmus wasn’t careful with his words 
Dr. Badmus could feel the heat that his body generated within amidst the air conditioner. He sucked the dryness from his lips that was soon turning to sweat “I trusted my workers to have done a…a…an explicit work on the first autopsy, so… I took what they took…”

“Mr. Badmus! I am losing my patience if you don’t speak explicitly to my understanding!” Mrs. Ambrose patience had flown out from within with a loud voice leaving just her fury behind
 “what happened to my son!”

Her words and voice sounded like a mixture of thunder and lightning that struck fire within him. He had begun to sweat again regardless of the air conditioner. She was losing her patience and he knew it wasn’t good

“I…I...I… dd…I…did another autopsy” he dragged the sweat that covered his face to the ground with his sweaty palm “your…son…Frank didn’t die of Melanoma MA” 

Dr. Badmus had resumed with the last statement again like it depended on his life

“What?!”

Mrs. Ambrose proclaimed in a loud voice with pain as she stood up but her kneels couldn’t hold her. Thankfully she was immediately held by her husband before she reached the floor, who had been seated beside her the whole time but couldn’t hear her conversation with Dr. Badmus until he just placed it on loudspeaker unknown to Dr. Badmus

“Frank didn’t die of Melanoma ma” 

Dr, Badmus repeated himself even if he suspected she was being rhetorical

“What!”

Dr. Badmus jerked in larger fright as he heard the husky voice. He felt the urge to greet in fear, encouraging himself that maybe his sense of respect from the greeting would bail him out. But he shuttered in fear by Mr. Ambrose husky voice again

“Are you saying my son never had skin cancer and your lousy hospital gave us a fake autopsy!!!”

“NO! No no no no sir” he found reasons to emphasize his no like it would be a saving grace in some way

“Badmus or whatever you call yourself, you better speak up before I reign down hell on you right now!!!”

Dr. Badmus eyes popped out in terror. He felt wet on his pants. Never has he heard Mr. Ambrose voice lash out at him in such a terrifying form. And the word ‘reign down hell on you’ he could already feel the heat of hell blowing through his air conditioner

“Ahh...please sir…no sir…your son did have skin cancer sir, he just didn’t die because of it. Although he was in his last stage, but that wasn’t the cause of his death sir. Ahhhh I’m sorry sir for such…”

Mr. Ambrose cut him short and his wife leaned on the wall looking at the phone with a diverted mind like her soul was departing from her body gradually

“You better keep your pleads to yourself, because you won’t like what I would do to you if you don’t speak up on what happened to MY SON!!!” 

His words sounded like thunder in the midst of a heavy downpour.
Dr. Badmus wanted the ground to open up and swallow him immediately, disappearing from the earth, but he knew that even if that doesn’t happen literally, Mr. Ambrose was going to make it possible in his own way if he kept on beating about the bush

“I found toxins in his organs sir!” he finally blurted out in fear

“What!” Mrs. Ambrose who haven’t spoken for a long time finally yelled in despair. She gasp for air as she tried to point out what the doctor just said

“Are you saying my son was poisoned?!!!” Mr. Ambrose voice echoed deep into his heart

“Yes…yes…yes sir”

To be continued
Watch out for…
“THE STORY 2”
(who killed Frank?)
Coming out on 7th February 2021
Through the following mediums
On Instagram@ praise_umoru(P.E.E.B.E.E)
On Facebook @ umoru praise
On my blog @ peebeeheart.blogspot.com
On Narialand @ peebee17
On twitter @ P.E.E.B.E.E
On Whatsapp +2348160209971
Get the pdf of THE STORY 1 through a chat with this contact
+2348169961488
To all my wonderful readers, I want to say a big thank you. God bless you.
Lots of love from the author of THE STORY 1 AND BEHIND MY FLAWS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL ME

BLUE SEA

THE STORY 2 EP. 22