THE STORY 2 EP. 19


 EPISODE NINETEEN
THE STORY 2
BY PRAISE UMORU

A figure stood outside of Eli’s house. The figure raised the flower vase that stood at the front of the house, taking out a key. Inserting the key, the door opened discreetly. The figure entered quietly, closing the door with reserve. Walking in further, gracing each step with silence, Eli was sighted sitting with her back facing the unknown visitor who had entered. It was obvious Eli didn’t notice or realize she had an unwanted visitor as she coiled herself up on the sofa gazing into the black television screen.

The figure silently came further, reaching discreetly for an item inside its bag in order to keep the silence at full length, but after hearing a creaking sound, Eli turned around instantly…

*****

Days after the shocking and unpredictable drama at the Centre, Alex decided to reach out to Malia. He thought that this was the time the crew had to be united more than ever, at least if not for the sake of Jeremy, but for Eli. 

Malia was intrigued to hear from Alex after so long. Although she told him her lack of interest in anything associated with Jeremy’s case but Alex explained the reason for his call, had nothing to do with Jeremy at the moment. He invited her to the Centre where Tim alongside waited for her.

As Malia entered the Centre, before pleasantries where exchanged, a familiar face walked in.

Tim stuttered at the sight before him. He felt adrenaline rush through his system. He gulped a huge amount of saliva with the right amount of air he inhaled and also exhaled to calm his nerves…

Malia and Alex on the other hand both had a confused expression to who the gracefully dressed figure before them was. And as if Tim was eavesdropping on their thoughts he gave them an answer

“Mrs. Bamiloye”

*****
Stretching the item towards Eli the figure spoke
“Peace offering…?” 
“Quinn just leave” Eli said coldly turning back her gaze to the switched off television. She didn’t want to act cold but apologize for her actions at the Centre, but she couldn’t help but remember Quinn’s unbelievable questions to Tony at the lake side. The thoughts came streaming back as she remembered Quinn’s plead towards Tony asking for what she(Eli) had that she(Quinn) didn’t possess to make Tony fall in love with her. She couldn’t believe her own best friend could betray her that much her anf still stoop so low.
Quinn walked slowly towards Eli and stood in front of her “It’s your favorite, Tokyo’s beef pizza”
Eli looked at her with eyes filled with irritation “I don’t want it” Eli turned back her attention to her initial gaze
Quinn placed the box on the stool close by and sat beside Eli. Eli neither said a word nor looked at her
Quinn took a deep breath, turning her gaze also to the black screen and said 
“I have always had feelings for Tony since day one. I had feelings for him without having any knowledge of it myself. And since my heart desired him already, my body and spirit gave in willingly. I have always fantasized about a future with him, how perfect it would be, the perfect career, the perfect house, the perfect husband, perfect number of kids, perfect neighbors… I practically made a perfect life.” Quinn hesitated a bit as Eli still didn’t utter a single word “I have always been given everything right from day one as you know it. Wanted anything and was given everything. I never for once lost anything because even if I did, I would always get back a replica like nothing was ever gone. I never … understood what it meant to earn something or work for something. I commended my parents for being the best by giving me everything I wanted without me having to stress myself for it, they always gave me the gold while they did the mining. They continued like that for twenty one years… I never knew what sweat felt like nor hard work meant, until I met Tony.”
Eli only exhaled deeply but still without a word giving a chance for Quinn to continue “Tony was the complete opposite of me. Maybe that was why my heart admired him so much. I made the Centre possible thanks to my parents so as to fulfill Tony’s dream. He still thinks it’s my dream” Eli turned her gaze towards Quinn who was stunned by Quinn’s confession which made Quinn caved a sad side smile “the Centre is the first place I was thought to work. And I was intrigued at every result of my work, because it was my energy and hard work, I loved it even more and I knew it was all thanks to him. I loved him even more from then.” Although Quinn didn’t look towards Eli but she could feel a sense of sympathy that emerged from her. She decided to continue “and then you came in to the picture. And I saw what I saw in Tony in you. You thought me how to cook, to clean, to wash,  you thought me how to be useful, you know to be full of use…” Quinn’s words seemed stuck in her throat. She turned her gaze to Eli. Eli saw her eyes painted red “I am sorry I hurt you, I didn’t mean to, I swear. You are more like a sister to me than a friend. I know I acted selfish and everything you said about me and I am really sorry.
Eli kept staring at Quinn as her tears streamed down profusely “nothing happened at lake, whatever you thought happened, was a mistake that was never meant to happen and would never happen again. Tony loves you and you alone. He isn’t interested in money or fashion or me…trust me, he pointed it out explicitly. All he thinks about is you, no matter what I or any other lady do, Eli I want you to know that it’s just you and only you he loves”
“I’ll leave… I’ll leave the Centre, far from you both, just don’t blame him because of my fantasy. His reality should be all that matters and you are his reality Eli.” Elizabeth still said nothing but her tears spoke for her. Hearing such words from Quinn’s mouth about the measure of love Tony has for her, made her feel both alive and weak.
Quinn took her purse and attempted to leave but she said “Tony loves you not me no matter what. I don’t think you know that. I am sorry for not being there for you when mum died… I know you don’t want to see, so I’ll leave. I just wanted you to know I’m sorry” Quinn wiped away the tear that streamed down her cheek and continued her leave.
“I can’t finish the pizza alone, It would be nice if my sister joins me”
 Eli’s words brought Quinn to a halt. She could see Eli wiping her never ending tears even with her back still turned to her. Quinn went to her and gave her a back hug. Both ladies cried till their heads gave them aches and they had no more tears to render. They looked at each other, as Quinn took back her seat beside Eli and coincidentally they both bursted into a soft laugh
“Why are you laughing” Eli asked
“Why are you laughing” Quinn said with both still laughing
“Remember when you came over and we watched a movie till 2am…”
Quinn continued from Eli’s pause as she drew back the wet mucus that tried escaping her nostril “and mummy came out and saw us both crying our eyes out because of a movie…”
The two ladies bursted into a hysterical laugh and both said out their reminisce together “she took the pillow from the couch and spanked us with it because we were behaving childish” both continued their laugh
After their laughs suppressed living them with memories Quinn said
“I miss her”
“Me too” Eli said with a smile “well this pizza is getting cold, lets dig in” she stretched her hand and grabbed the box

After the two ladies consumed each slice, they rested their backs on the couch giving room to their digestive system.
“So what’s up with Jeremy’s or Frank’s case… any luck?” Eli broke the short silence…

 To be continued…
You can also follow this series on Facebook @ Umoru Praise
On Instagram @ P.E.E.B.E.E 
On my blog @ PEEBEEHEART.BLOGSPOT.COM
Feel free to comment, like, follow and share this series, but with no act of plagiarism

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL ME

BLUE SEA

THE STORY 2 EP. 22